Collecting and using information
We will tell you how we intend to use personal information we collect about you and will use it only for those purposes. We will obtain your consent to the collection and use of your personal information, either expressly, or, where appropriate, impliedly. We will only collect the information we need for those purposes of which we have advised you. If we wish to use your information for any other purpose, we will obtain your consent, expressly or impliedly, before we use it.
You may refuse or withdraw consent for us to collect, use or disclose your information and we will record and respect your choices. Certain consequences may flow from such refusal or withdrawal and we will advise you of those, if applicable, at that time. Such a decision must be communicated by you, in writing, to our Chief Privacy Officer, at the address indicated below.
Why we ask for your information
We ask for your information to establish and serve you as our client, or on behalf of our client(s) or others whose interests we may represent. The information we obtain depends on the nature of the engagement in question, and of our relationship with you. We may require personal information about you in order to fulfill certain statutory obligations, to assist you in fulfilling your own statutory obligations, or to determine your right to participate in an engagement which we have undertaken. We may obtain information about you from many sources, including the following:
- Information we receive from you, or which is provided to us on your behalf, on Statements of Affairs, Statements of Income and Expenses, Proofs of Claim, and other forms, such as your name, address, date of birth, telephone number, employer, marital status, number and type of dependents, assets, liabilities, expenses, and income.
- Information from third parties about your transactions with them or others, such as your name, address, telephone number, age, credit card usage, insurance coverage, transaction history, account number(s), claims history, level of indebtedness, and asset ownership and usage.
- Information from consumer reporting agencies, public records and data collection agencies, such as your obligations with others and your creditworthiness.
- Information from credit counselors or other advisors including name, address, telephone number, age, marital status, credit usage, employment history, addictions, social history and other information relating to your solvency, or the solvency of others.
When we release your information
Farber Financial Group may release your information to third parties in the following instances:
- With your consent – You may consent to Farber Financial Group sharing your information with a third party, or to other member companies of Farber Financial Group.
- For servicing purposes to our suppliers and agents – We give limited information, only as needed, to our suppliers and agents who provide goods and services to you, or to us in order to allow us to carry out our engagement.
- When required or permitted by law – We must give personal information in response to a legally valid enquiry or order. We may disclose personal information to help us collect a debt owed to us by you. We are also obligated to complete certain statutorily mandated forms in the course of carrying out engagements where we are the Trustee in Bankruptcy or the Trustee or Administrator under a proposal, which will necessarily involve the disclosure of certain personal information.
- Transfers of a business – We may sell parts of our businesses. Personal information relating to your relationship with us may be one of the transferred business assets.
How we protect your information
Farber Financial Group restricts access to your personal information to those employees of our member companies and our agents whom we determine have a legitimate business purpose to access such information in connection with the carrying out of our engagements or provision of services to you. We employ security techniques designed to protect our customer data. We provide training and communications programs designed to educate employees about the meaning and requirements of our strict standards for data security and confidentiality.
All our suppliers and agents, as part of their agreements with us, are bound to maintain your confidentiality and may not use your personal information for any unauthorized purpose.
When your personal information is no longer needed for the purposes explained to you, we have procedures to destroy, delete, erase or convert it to an anonymous form.
Your right to access your information
We will not be able to provide information from our records if those records contain references to other persons, are subject to legal privilege, contain confidential information proprietary to Farber Financial Group or cannot be disclosed for other legal reasons.
If you have questions regarding decisions made about you, we will tell you the reasons for those decisions.
Keeping your information accurate
We will make every reasonable effort to keep your personal information accurate and up to date. You can help by keeping us informed of any changes in the information, such as a change in address or telephone number. If you find any errors in our information about you, tell us and we will correct the information. We will also convey the corrected information to other parties we may have misinformed. For information that remains in dispute, we will note the dispute in your file.
Respecting your preference
We will explain your options of refusing or withdrawing consent to the collection, use or disclosure of your information and will record and respect your choices.
Addressing your concerns
If you have questions, concerns or problems about privacy or how to request information from us, please contact us in writing at:
1220 Sheppard Avenue East, Suite 300
North York, Ontario
Fax: (416) 496-9651
Attention: Chief Privacy Officer
In this policy, Farber Financial Group means A. Farber & Partners Inc., Klein Farber Corporate Finance Inc., Farber CFO Resources Inc., and their subsidiaries and affiliates.
The content of this site, including but not limited to the text and images herein and their arrangements, unless otherwise noted, are Copyright © 2008 A. Farber & Partners Inc. All Rights Reserved.
In making this site available, no client, advisory, fiduciary or professional relationship is implicated or established and neither A. Farber & Partners Inc.; Klein Farber Corporate Finance Inc.; Farber CFO Resources Inc.; Farber Turnaround Management Inc. (collectively referred to as “Farber” or “Farber Financial Group”) nor any other person is, in connection with this site, engaged in rendering insolvency, accounting, tax, legal, advisory, consulting or other professional services or advice. Neither this site nor any content on or accessed through this site shall be considered a substitute for the independent investigations and the sound technical and business judgment of the user of this site and the user should consult with a professional advisor familiar with your particular factual situation for advice or service concerning specific matters.
Links on this site may lead to servers maintained by individuals or organizations other than Farber Financial Group. Farber Financial Group makes no representation or warranty regarding the accuracy, timeliness, suitability or any other aspect of the information located on such servers and neither monitors nor endorses such servers or content.
Farber Financial Group materials may be copied and distributed on a limited basis for non-commercial purposes only, provided that any material copied remains intact and that all copies include the following notice in a clearly visible position: “Copyright © 2008-2010 A. Farber & Partners Inc. All rights reserved.” These materials may not be copied or redistributed for commercial purposes or for compensation of any kind without prior written permission from A. Farber & Partners Inc. If you have questions about these terms or would like information about licensing materials from A. Farber & Partners Inc., please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our cookies store non-personally identifiable information. They are not used to collect any user data, track individual visitors, or to create user profiles. They do not, in any way, identify you or give access to your computer.
On www.licensedtrusteeburnaby.ca, we use of the following cookies:
Google Analytics cookies
Google Analytics is statistical software, used to measure and report on the activity on our websites. This enables us to learn what our visitors are interested in and how we can further improve our services.
In order to do this, Google Analytics uses first-party cookies. These cookies cannot be shared with or used by anyone outside A. Farber & Partners Inc.
Google Analytics shows aggregated information, which cannot be used to track or analyze visitors on an individual basis. We do not use Google Analytics for the purpose of remarketing or behavioral targeting.
As we strive to further increase the user experience on our websites, we continuously test elements of our website. Testing results are based on test ID’s and visited pages, which are encrypted and stored in anonymous cookies.
This website uses a remarketing service to show advertisements to people who have previously visited our website. This allows us display advertisements that are more relevant to you.
These advertisements are served using third-party cookies. In order to learn more about, or to opt out from remarketing, please visit http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/.